Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nested Loops - A Sample Story

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE for a Nested loops story. As you read, please remember that this method is most effective when used out loud. Therefor, try to imagine me speaking to you with these words:

''You know, this is amazing because for the last few days I didn't really get any question about this method, although it is quite an impressive and effective one. Everybody uses stories, you know, some are doing it well and some are doing it well but not in an effective or influence or both ways down ... and see, right as I write to you, I am reminded of that first time I ever read a story that have truly influenced me. I am not sure if you are familiar and know this one - the catcher in the rye. it is truly a lovely story that does influence you in many ways. Two of the ways that it has impressed upon me were exactly what I thought they would be, but much more - first, I started seeing people around me that acted exactly like that kid in the story ... now who wrote that one ... hold on, let me use my neurons well - wrote it, I believe, JD Salinger. what is that JD anyway? Is it a shortcut or is it his name? anyway, what I was saying, I read a lot of stories in my life and some were good and some were not. and you would think that all a good story needs is a good plot, but it isn't so, at least so I believe, because you see, I believe a story should challenge your own beliefs. doesn't really matter which beliefs, and if you do believe in them or only caught them for awhile, but it is for me an essential thing that you will be challenged. Otherwise, what's the point of paying 20 bucks for 300 or 400 (how many are those today anyway?) pages of a fiction. It's not real you know ... just like the subconscious ain't real. it's a fiction, you probably know this by now but let me tell you how I thought of it: I think the subconscious is a fairy tail, because you see, no one can point out exactly where in our brain or even in the whole nervous system which lies all over your body, you know, where is it then? can you touch your nose with your right finger and tell me whether it's there? how about your eyebrows? neck? back? stomach? pancreas? little piggie? "and that little piggy went to the markeL.", my grandma' did this gig to me even when I was well grown up (in fact, I was 22 years old). She kept telling me I don't eat enough, though she only saw me like maybe once a week. A great woman she was, even as a nana (grandma') she kept telling jokes, even dirty jokes! you'd be surprised how funny it is that your grandma' is telling jokes like these ... and isn't that just not only amusing but gives a sense of youth-full-ness, gratitude and relaxation ... now double that because she did tell extensively funny jokes. anyway, I miss her.

I was saying about the subconscious is not real. you know it isn't. can't point to it, can't put it in a barrell (old meta-model conspiracy) ... it's a nominalization. It's actually a process, or more so - a group of processes that is just it - subconscious.

In other words - all the processes of your nervous system that you are not aware of at this specific moment, because you don't pay attention to many different things at once as you read this. because you know, as you read this you have to first let your eyes catch the letters and form them to the words that I have written previously, and then let your inner voice form it to auditory conversation that is way inside your mind. that's consciousness. now add noticing you're blinking and your ever deeper breath, and friend - you don't have many conscious options ... all the rest is 'sub' of the consciousness. and because you don't pay much attention to
whatever happens outside of this scope of reading these words and making sense of whatever I'm saying, it is surely important to us, I believe, to screen our reading list. Read the stories that worth reading, read things that challenge our beliefs - there, I said it again, didn't I? a challenge .. A story that will make you think if the way that you interpret reality is the reality itself. Harry Potter did it for many children.

And Jerome David Salinger did that exactly in his Catcher In The Rye story ... oh, yes, that's it. JD is Jerome David ... ahhh, I remember. Right. Now... he wrote many
books, but that was the book that got my attention.

The Catcher In The Rye is marvelous, truly, go read it if you can. I can still remember its main character, Holden Caulfield, a 17 years old boy, who's also telling the story ... that boy is troubled with that transition from boyhood to adulthood. And he got me thinking so much you know ...

Amazingly enough, not everybody are reading stories, and not everybody who are reading, are reading the right stories. And even those who are writing stories wonder why their stories are being read less than others who write even less-seemingly-interesting stories... and that's because the language these writers use is more effective and influence better. And my goal in the article you commented on was to expose one of many methods to influence others by doing a series of stories with
Nested Loops.

I can only assume you can see the effectiveness and power of this easy to learn easy to do method. Can you not?"

(Page 404 of "The Big Book Of NLP")

No comments:

Post a Comment